Welcome to Kemper Dance Academy!
Not sure what type of dance you might like?
KDA offers a free trial week for you to try. Contact us for more information
Serving all of your dance needs in the Colorado Springs area. Kemper Dance Academy has quality teachers who provide a positive and fun environment for all ages. We offer instruction in all forms of dance including Tap, Jazz, Ballet, Pointe, Acro, Lyrical, Hip Hop and many more. Classes are scheduled for dancers ages 18 months to Adult.
About the Studio
Our goal at Kemper Dance Academy, LLC is to provide quality and professional instruction to all types of dances in a positive and friendly atmosphere. Whether our dancers are training to be professionals or just dancing for their personal enjoyment, the benefits they will receive are endless.
KDA provides a diverse range of dance training. We offer group classes for beginning through advanced dancers, as well as private lessons in the following: Combo Classes, Tots, Ballet, Jazz, Hip Hop, Tap, Lyrical, Stretch, Turns, Leaps and Prep for Auditions.
1. Registration Fee: Each student will pay a $25 non-refundable registration fee upon enrollment.
2. Tuition Payments: You will receive a monthly statement by email. Tuition is due by the 1st of the month or a $20 late fee will be assessed. If payment has not been received by the 10th, the student will not be allowed to participate in class. Monthly tuition payments are non-refundable.
3. Returned Checks: A $30 fee will be assessed for all returned checks.
4. Make-up Classes: There is no adjustment to tuition due to closure for vacations, holidays, student absences, inclement weather, or the length of the month.
5. Absences: Please contact the teacher to report student absences. Students may make up missed classes 30 days after class was missed.
6. Important Information: Will be provided via web, email and bulletin board postings.
7. Schedule Changes: An add/drop form must be completed for any class changes or dropped classes. If you do not submit a drop form, you will continue to be billed. Class space may be forfeited if a student misses 3 weeks or more of class, unless special arrangements have been made.
8. Parent Supervision: Parents are responsible for and expected to supervise all children accompanying them at Kemper Dance Academy, LLC. Please ensure that you are on time when picking up your children and that they are instructed to stay inside the studio until you arrive.
10. Release of Liability: KDA will not be held responsible for injuries on premises incurred by dancers, parents, siblings and/or anyone accompanying dancers or parents.
11. Lost Items: The staff of Kemper Dance Academy, LLC is not responsible for students’ belongings. Please label all dancewear and dance shoes with the dancer’s name. We are not responsible for lost, stolen, or misplaced personal items and/or dance a
tt ire. Please ask Miss. Jeni where the “Lost & Found” box is located and check periodically. Unidentified items left unclaimed will periodically be given to a charitable organization on the 10th of every month.
Students must observe a dress code that allows the dancer to move freely and the instructors to evaluate and correct student alignment and position. With the exception of Hip-Hop classes, baggy clothing and jeans are NOT allowed in class. Hair is to be neatly secured away from face. Reasonable jewelry allowed.
Tots/Combo Class: Please see your instructor, Ballet Shoes are needed for Tots/Combo Class and Tap Shoes are needed for Combo Class.
Ballet: GIRLS – pink ballet slippers, solid color leotard, and ballet pink tights. Hair MUST be worn up in a bun with Bangs pinned back. Leg warmers and fitted sweaters may be worn at first barre exercises. BOYS – Black or white ballet slippers, shorts or tights, and white solid T-Shirt.
Jazz/Lyrical/Leaps & Turns: Booty shorts, capri or long fi
tt ed jazz pants. Tight fi
tt ing dance tops with supportive undergarments. Jazz Shoes are required for Leaps & Turns classes. Please no socks unless instructor says different.
Tap: Booty shorts, capri or long fi
tt ed jazz pants. Tight fitting dance tops with supportive undergarments. Tap Shoes with Socks or Tights.
Hip-Hop: Comfortable, loose fi
tt ing clothes, Sneakers, but NO STREET SHOES. Please do not come to class bare footed or in socks.